Protect Your Kansas City Home from Water Damage
Create a home maintenance schedule and stick to it!
A great way to protect your Kansas City home from water damage is to come up with a home maintenance schedule. Checking for leaks, clogs and other potential water damage source on a regular basis can save you time, money and a stressful headache in the long run.
How to Plan a Home Maintenance Schedule
When planning your Kansas City home maintenance schedule to prevent water damage you want to check the following sources on a regular basis.
- During the summer check your air-conditioning unit for rust, cracks or any other defect.
- Check your hot water heaters and water softeners for rust, cracks, leaks and deterioration.
- Make sure your gutters are free of debris.
- Check your kitchen appliances for any damage to hoses or connectors.
- During the winter practice safe methods to prevent frozen pipes. (Learn more about frozen pipe prevention in an upcoming blog article)
- Check for any deterioration or damage near outdoor water outlets.
- Inspect your shower, bathtub, toilet and sinks for any damages or clogs.
- Inspect your roof for any leaks or deterioration.
- Ensure that your sump pumps are in good working condition.
- Check your basement and attic for excess moisture and make sure you have proper ventilation.
- Examine all of your windowsills and doorways to make sure they are properly sealed.
Staying on task and performing a home maintenance check on a regular basis can prevent major water damage from invading your home.
If you run into any water damage issues while performing a maintenance check on your Kansas City home contact the professional water damage cleanup crew at Spectrum Cleaning & Restoration! We work around the clock to take care of all of your water damage cleanup needs in Kansas City, Missouri.